The Burtons

The Burtons

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Hoopin It Up!

I was motivated to find some activities for Cole to get involved with soon after getting here.  He's such a social kid and loves to be active. I knew putting him in preschool would take a "minute" so I decided to look for sports. I turned to the internet and Google for help.

I came across a post about a company called Five-Star Sports that did basketball for kids in our area.  They are a group made up of former American basketball players and coaches. The website listed they offered basketball for kids age 4 and up.  Cole is almost 3.5.  I figured I had nothing to lose so I sent an email to the owner asking if they might have something for Cole.

Here's our correspondence:

Hi Cherie,

Thanks for sending along the email.  How did you hear about us?  Is he big for his age?  Right now we are typically 4 years to 7 years of age.  I can check to see if we have a class that suits him though.

I am assuming you are located in the Shekou area?

Thanks,

Joel



Hi Joel,

I was doing a search for kids sports on the internet and some site - can't remember which had a post about your program. We are in the Shekou area.  My husband is 6'5" , my stepson (in college) is 6'8" and we are African American so we are expecting big things out of our son in the basketball world  - haha. ; ) Just a joke.  Anyways let me know if there might be something.

Thanks,
Cherie


Apparently that was all they needed to hear because we got an immediate invite to attend the class the next day...

Guess who's on the team?!  At age 3 it all begins... #70 in da house!










1 comment:

  1. WOOT! They know what they're looking for….Sara Davis (I realized that when I log in as you and comment, it doesn't show who I am…LOL! Therefore, I will add my name from now on!)

    ReplyDelete